Thursday, June 13, 2013

Madrid Food

Welcome to my culinary tour of my weekend visit to Madrid. "What did you do in three days in Madrid?" people ask. "I saw my friends, I lay in the sunshine, and I ate food," I answer.
Croquetas de chorizo y de anchoas y queso (Sausage Croquettes and Anchovy and Cheese Croquettes) at the Amazing Javier Martin's Cafe near La Latina. 
salmorejo
olives and "una tostada" at Naturbier in Plaza Santa Ana
taster pinxos at Plan B in Lavapies
serious pinxos at Plan B: chorizo with onions and peppers, "una bomba," gulas, cheese with carmelized mushrooms...
Mary's boyfriend, Leandro, was kind enough to invite me for some pulpo. You have to dip it in the water three times, or else the skin falls off and it isn't beautiful to eat.
pulpo a la gallega y un torito
aceitunas
Hernan, my old roomie, was also kind enough to invite me for lunch: salad with the most beautiful tomatoes I've seen in ages, chorizo, vino tinto, and steak milanesa. Om nom.
the steak milanesa
Not pictured: my first "breakfast of champions" consisting of a whole bowl of boquerones, some more salmorejo, and muesli. A perfectly content snack of doritos, eaten while laying in bed during a siesta and radiating waves of happiness. Plenty of cider and tinto de verano. A visit to El Tigre and the mountain of questionable tapas consumed there. Lots more salmorejo. A pan tumaca and several cafes con leche. A bacon bocadillo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment